The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Can I File different topics in a single archive folder ?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Postby freestyle » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:29 am

Maybe there is a better 'process' but after realising tha I can assign TOPICs to email threads, as opposed to just the selected item. I now want to file them

I have decided to setup an ARCHIVE folder to move all emails that are not BIG projects.

This effectively means I would like a button (or other method) to allow me to file a thred/topic to another folder other than what it would automatically normally go....

Hope I am explaining myself ok..

can someone let me know what you do with emails that are not part of a big project
freestyle

Topic Folder Location

Postby brad » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:50 am

It is not possible to file messages to a single folder. By default, the file buttons (file message, thread, and topic) send messages to their associated topic folder within the designated ClearContext Topics folder.

You can, however, change the data store and / or folder location of the ClearContext Topic folder under Tools > Options > ClearContext > Configuration. For example, if you want to file your messages in an archive datastore, change the "Message Store For ClearContext Topics" to point to that Archive Outlook data file (.pst). You can also change the folder name of the ClearContext Topic Folder in this dialog.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby freestyle » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:18 am

Thanks for the reply Brad.

Only just returned back to work today.

The next part of my question relates also to TOPICS

Once a topic has completed its useful life. Is the best way simply to move the folder to remove it from the drop down list of available topics ?
freestyle

Topic Folder List

Postby brad » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:50 am

Yes, you are correct. ClearContext populates the topic folder drop down list box from the folders that are listed under the ClearContext Topic Folder. If you want to remove a folder from the list, simply move that folder somewhere else.

Thanks for the questions and interest, Andy. Keep them coming.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support