The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Group by Conversation

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Group by Conversation

Postby rmc » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:22 am

Hi I've been trying to use a custome view that will allow me to keep my messages grouped by conversation but sort by the priority of the mails that form that coversation. The goal being that the conversations that have the highest importance are sorted to the top of my Inbox. I can group the messages buy conversation as I would normally do however Outlook persists in moving the conversation with the newest mail to the top of the list regardless of which sort options I choose. Any ideas?
rmc

Conversation Grouping

Postby brad » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:00 am

ClearContext Prioritized views automatically group conversations together and sort them by priority with two important exceptions:
1) We don't create collapsible conversations
2) If you are viewing Prioritized By Day or By Week, the items in that conversation for that date range are grouped together. So it is conceivable that conversations that cross days or weeks will be split within our views.

Switch to the Prioritized view and you should see all of your conversations grouped together in priority order. If this is not the case, it could be that your view was altered by hitting one of the column headings (such as Received). To make sure you are running a fully restored ClearContext View, click it twice and select yes to restore the view.

FYI we are looking at putting advanced view capabilities in future releases, but I don't have a timeframe for you right now.

I hope that this helps answer your question. If you would like additional
information, please post more questions.

Thanks.
Brad Meador
brad

Group By Date Views

Postby brad » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:12 pm

Though it doesn't address your exact request, we have implemented advanced Group By date fucntionality in our views for Inbox Manager v1.1. For more detail, see this post.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support