The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

messages not ranked in exchange

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

messages not ranked in exchange

Postby DanRowe » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:28 pm

I was trying to use CC on a laptop that connects to an exchange server most of the time this happens over a vpn connection. The address book is not local as it is on the Exchange server. I have attempted to set up rules so the people that are in my direct contact list of the exchange server are marked with high priority. Most of the rules are based on the email address which are all on the same exchange server. None of those messages seem to be tagged with a high priority as such the only high priority messages that are seen seem to do with threading. the view I am using is priority by day. Is there some thing I am doing wrong?
DanRowe

Postby brad » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:56 am

Dan:

In v2, AutoAssign doesn't resolve Exchange Addresses to SMTP addresses. For example, if you set up a rule to look for dan@mycompany.net and you receive a message from your Exchange account, ClearContext won't recognize that they are the same account. The workaround is to setup rules using the Exchange address rather that the SMTP address.

This is changed in v3, which is in Beta testing. As long as you download a copy of your Global Address List so that it is available offline, ClearContext will resolve Exchange addresses as you would expect. I suspect this will resolve the issue you are seeing. Send a note to beta at clearcontext dot com if you would like to take a look at the beta.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby DanRowe » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:41 am

Brad
When I tried Auto assign it appeared to be adding the address including all the exchange stuff with it. Is this what your saying does not work? It sounds like this is what you were telling me to do with the work around.
Unfortunantly I cant go in and check the rules because my trial time is over and thats no longer an option.
You had mentioned making a copy of my exchange address book, how would I do this?
Would this work with the current version or do I need to use the beta version

thanks
DanRowe

Postby brad » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:03 am

Don't you own a license key? If you enter it into the About screen it will reenable those features. If the trial ran out, even with the AutoAssign rules entered, they will not function. Could this be the source of your issue?

In v2, If you enter the Exchange address, then email coming from the normal looking address won't work and vice versa. In the v3 beta, this is not a problem. Downloading your address book in v2 will have no immediate impact, but you can do it via Tools > Send/Receive > Download Address Book.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby DanRowe » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:06 pm

Sorry for any confusion
The license key I have Is for my Home office PC
THe exchange version problems I was having are on another PC that is provided to me from a client for use exclusivly with them(hence the exchange server setup) Compared to the licensed version I am running on my home network that uses pop mail

As to the problem I am having it was like that before the trial ran out. I just liked your product and wanted to see if it would work with exchange the same. if I could get it to work I was going to buy another copy for that PC. Maybe I should wait for V3?

THe main thing I am trying to accomplish here is have all company employees rank higher then spam (as this client seems to have a lot of spam entering thier system) Is this a common problem with those running exchange?
DanRowe

Postby brad » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:21 pm

We're giving free upgrades to v3 to everyone who purchased the product after August 1st, 2006. So, don't let the pending v3 release stop you.

The main thing I am trying to accomplish here is have all company employees rank higher then spam

I think this problem will be solved if you simply download that Global Address Book to your local machine (v2 or v3). Make sure that you download full details. Basically, we look at that GAB and recognize incoming addresses from there, ensuring that Exchange email is ranked above spam.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby DanRowe » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:26 am

Brad

version 3 seemed to take care of this problem.
Any clue as to the release date?
As stated before this is a different PC then the one my licensed version of CC is running on so I would need to purchase another licence, correct?
Will the beta expire before then? if not i can simply leave that running until then.

thanks for your time and service
DanRowe

Postby brad » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:27 am

I'm pleased to hear that v3 resolved the issue.

Our license is good for two computers used to access an individual's mail files, so you would not need to purchase another license.

Barring any unforeseen problems with the RC, 3.0 will be released within weeks. Because you purchased your initial v2 license after August 1, we will be sending you an upgrade license to v3 upon release.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby DanRowe » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:54 pm

Thanks again Brad
DanRowe

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support