The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

CC Not Starting Up in Outlook 2003

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

CC Not Starting Up in Outlook 2003

Postby jratlee » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:45 am

I just purchased and downloaded the latest version of CC to use on my computer at work. Previously, I had used the trial version although since then it has expired. After downloading the program, it either asked me to "Upgrade or Repair" or "Remove." The first couple times, I did the Upgrade/repair option and nothing happened when I started Outlook. I then chose the remove option and re-installed. Still the same result.

After using your trial version and recommending the program to everyone I work with and now purchasing a $70 license only to not have the software work at all is extremely disheartening. If someone could address my problem as soon as possible, it would be greatly appreciated. I'd really like to get the program to work and would hate to have to ask for a refund.

Thank you.
jratlee

Postby brad » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:18 pm

Please try this from our FAQ:

http://www.clearcontext.com/faq.html#reenable

The ClearContext Add-in has become disabled (or is not loading), how do I re-enable?
If Outlook terminated during operation, the ClearContext add-in could be disabled. The first step is to restart Outlook and see if that fixes the problem. If this does not work, follow the instructions below to re-enable:

1. In Outlook 2003 and 2002 (XP), Select Help > About Microsoft Outlook > Disabled Items and select the checkbox next to add-in:clearmail.dll.
2. If this doesn't work, in all Outlook versions, Select Tools > Options > Other > Advanced Options... > COM Add-Ins... and ensure the box next to ClearContext is checked.

Let me know if this resolves your problem. Thanks.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support