The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

can't install

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

can't install

Postby mghabel » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:11 pm

Hi,

I am not able to instal the latest release of v2.06 as i am getting the following error. Please assist.

"This dvertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe. Contact your administrator to change the insallation user interface option of the package basic."

Thanks
Max
mghabel

Postby brad » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:46 pm

This usually indicated a corrupted download. Please clear the cache on your browser, re-download the application, and try the install again.
Brad Meador
brad

didn't work

Postby mghabel » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:19 am

I did try that but no luck.
mghabel

Postby brad » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:37 am

Can you try downloading the file to your hard drive and running from there? I have seen this error before and it has always been the result of a bad download. Meanwhile I'll poke around for another solution. Thanks.
Brad Meador
brad

downloaded and didn't work

Postby mghabel » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:31 pm

I did download to my hard drive and tried again. no luck...
mghabel

Postby brad » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:02 pm

I am really sorry for the back and forth on this. Can you please try one more thing for me? If you have access to another machine, can you download the application there, copy it over to your hard drive, and re-run?

If this doesn't work, potentially clearing your temp directory might solve the problem - assuming that for some reason the corrupted installer files are sitting on your hard drive and the new downloads aren't writing over them. I can provide more detail on how to do this if necessary.

Finally, if all else fails, I'd like to sign you up for the v3 beta program and see if that executable works for you. Send a note to beta at clearcontext dot com if this sounds like something of interest.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby brad » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:12 am

MGH - did we ever resolve this issue? I believe I have a fix for you if you are still interested in installing the application. Please send a note to support at clearcontext dot com for further instructions. Thanks.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support