The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

outlook 2007 and unable to file message

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

outlook 2007 and unable to file message

Postby aakhter » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:14 pm

Hello,

I only see this problem with some messages in my non-inbox mailbox. Sometimes I am unable to file the message after setting the topic. I'm using 3.0.5 and saw the same behavior with 3.0.4.

Also when I see this problem:
* I am able to set the topic (or at least the catergory is properly set)
* when I open the message in it's own windows (cntrl+o) I don't see the clear-context tab in the ribbon.

I have yet to see this problem in the inbox, but it could be there as well.

Any ideas?
aakhter

Postby brad » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:35 am

We only score messages when they pass through the Inbox. I suspect this message was never scored by ClearContext OR it was scored so long ago without further activity in the thread that it's thread record has expired. The next time you come across this issue, drag your message into the Inbox and back out again - you should be able to score it after that.
Brad Meador
brad

cycling trru inbox works

Postby aakhter » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:10 am

Brad,

I cycled the message thru the inbox and afterwards I am able to see the clearcontext tab and I am able to file the message as well.

As to how I got into this state, I'm not sure.

* There are older messages that still have the CC tab available.

* All the messages in this folder are moved via an outlook rule that automatically moves the message as it arrives from exchange.

It is unclear why only some messages see this behavior.
aakhter

Postby brad » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:21 am

Does the Outlook rule reside on the Exchange server? If so, it's possible that the message is being moved before it passes through your Inbox, meaning the CC doesn't have the chance to touch it.

If the rule is fairly simple, I suggest creating an AutoAssign rule to process and move the message - this will ensure that CC touches that message first.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support