The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Assign topic dropdown/file msg button in Inbox

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Assign topic dropdown/file msg button in Inbox

Postby charlesburt » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:45 am

Hi,
I wasn't able to find this in the FAQ or in the forums, so my apologies if it exists and I didn't see it.

I just upgraded to Personal edition 3.0.5 and am now unable to use the Topic drop down and the File Msg button while on messages in my inbox. Due to the preview pane, I rarely actually open a message. Did this feature get disabled in the new version, or is there a problem with my setup?

Thank you,
-Chuck Burt
charlesburt

Postby brad » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:49 am

Are there any ClearContext buttons in the Inbox? If not, it sounds like IMS was disabled during the uprade. Try this from our FAQ.

If that's not the issue, please take a screen print of your Inbox, go to ClearContext > About, press the Email Support button, and send the contents of the email that button creates along with the screen print along to me.

Thanks.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby charlesburt » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:33 pm

Unfortunately, that button crashes Outlook (unless I should expect it to recover after being unresponsive for 10 minutes?).

Here is the screen grab:
charlesburt

Postby brad » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:26 pm

Could you reboot and try that button again - I'd really like the information in that email if you can get to it.

Thanks.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby charlesburt » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:56 pm

I rebooted and it still crashes. Any other place I can get the information you need?

Thank you for all of your help!

-Chuck
charlesburt

Postby brad » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:52 pm

I'm following up with an email.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support