The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Changing the name of "topic folders" -topic update

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Changing the name of "topic folders" -topic update

Postby gavinfischer » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:02 pm

I have my email sort in to which company it is coming from. I do this in large part with autoassign, and I have had no problem changing that.

However, here is the problem.

Several of the companies that I have folders for have changed their names and/or merged. Fixing the autoassign is easy. Did that.

BUT - If I reply to any email that was filed before the change over (was in the folder when I changed the folder name) it trys to file it in the "old" folder name. For mail that comes in and is an extension of a conversation that started with the "old" name - it too is trying to go off to the "old" topic.

Is there a way to have it globally "know" that what used to go to "Company A" now goes to "Company B" and all topics should be updated everwhere.

I hadn't really run in to this till recently, but right now our market is on a rash of consolidation.

?Would a workaround be to create the "new" folder and then just select all the messages in the "old" folder and move them to the new. Would this reset all of the topics on those threads?

Thanks,

Gavin
gavinfischer

Postby brad » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:55 pm

Gavin:

Yor workaround is spot on - drag the messages into the new Topic folder to reassign to the new Topic name. You could also highlight all messages in the old topic folder and assign the new Topic to them without moving them to the new folder.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support