The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Can I use my existing Folders for Topic Folders?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Can I use my existing Folders for Topic Folders?

Postby jim » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:15 am

Hi. I'd like to be able to use existing folders that I have in Outlook as Topic folders. Is there a way to do that? Thanks.
jim

Postby brad » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:58 am

Yes. ClearContext reads the folders underneath the ClearContext Topic Folder, as defined in the Configuration window, to determine what topics are available for assignment. The default location for this folder is /Inbox/ClearContext Topics, but can be changed to any other folder within the data store, including /Inbox. When the File or File Topic function is used, messages are then stored within these folders.

If you want to use existing folders for ClearContext topics, drag the folder underneath the ClearContext Topic Folder. CC will automatically add that folder to the Topic drop down list box and future messages assigned to that topic will be stored within that folder.
Last edited by brad on Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad Meador
brad

Subfolders

Postby deva » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:20 pm

You can also drag folder trees and a topic hierarchy w/ subtopics will be created to match the folder/subfolder structure.
deva

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support