The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

No "important contacts" after contact analysis

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

No "important contacts" after contact analysis

Postby f00fighter » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:59 am

I saw a reference to your product on Robert Scoble's blog (http://scobleizer.wordpress.com) and installed the trial version of ClearContext v2 on my Windows XP (SP2) machine with Office 2003 (11.8002.6568 - SP2) connected to Exchange Server 5.5. I then let the setup program analyze my entire Inbox (5000+ e-mails). This seemed to complete successfully, but the contact analysis process did not identify any contacts as "important". The list of "imporant contacts" was blank.

Having over 5000 e-mail messages should have provided ClearContext with plenty of information to determine who my most important contacts are...so why weren't any important contacts found at all??
f00fighter

Identity

Postby brad » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:01 am

It sounds like your identity was not set up correctly.

To find your high priority contacts, ClearContext needs to know which email in your mail file is addressed to you. On startup, ClearContext detects your email addresses configured under Tools > E-Mail Accounts. However, in some cases this may not accurately tell CC which emails were addressed to you. During setup, you're asked to add email aliases - email addresses that CC hasn't detected, but will help CC identify messages that wer addressed to you. Examples of aliases inlcude public email addresses that forward to your Exchange account, such as school aliases (i.e. myname@alumni.myschool.edu) and former work accounts (such as myname@myoldjob.com).

It appears that ClearContext didn't get the correct definition of who you are. To see what ClearContext found for your identity and to add additional aliases, go to ClearContext > Options > Identity. After you have made changes here, re-run contact analysis from the Options menu.

Please let me know if this helps/resolves your problem.
Brad Meador
brad

No "Detected Email Addresses"??

Postby f00fighter » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:01 pm

I noticed that the "Deteced Email Addresses" box of the Identity screen of ClearContext Options is empty & grayed out. I could only add my primary e-mail address to the "Additional Email Aliases" area. So, I added my primary e-mail address (and the only one I use) to the "Additional Email Aliases" area and re-ran the analysis, but once again no contacts were found.

Could this be the problem?? If so, how do I add my e-mail address to the list of Detected Email Addresses??
f00fighter

Are you on Exchange?

Postby brad » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:10 pm

I don't know why ClearContext isn't picking up your email address, but I assume you're on Exchange? I'm going to take this offiline and email you about a workaroud. Thanks.
Brad Meador
brad

No "Detected Email Addresses"??

Postby jardar » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:33 pm

Brad,
I have the same problem as f00fighter's .
Could I have a workaround solution ?

rgs,
JarDar
jardar

Postby MichaelBuro » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:21 pm

I am a new user and would appreciate knowing what the workaround is as well. I have expierienced the same set of problems as the original poster.
Thanks
MichaelBuro

Postby brad » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:43 pm

Michael:

Please send me (support at clearcontext dot com) a screen print of your identity setup: ClearContext > Options > Identity. Also, go to ClearContext > About, press Email Support, and send me the data from there.

Thanks.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support