The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Feature Requests

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Feature Requests

Postby danielmc » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:08 am

Contact
- ClearContext Contacts should download FULL details available in the GAL. This means not just the email details, but phone numbers, etc.

Topics
- Provide some mechanism for Filing ALL topics at once.
- Provide some mechanism for archiving topics, from your Exchange mailbox to a PST.

Email
- Some way to deal with BCC of emails, this is becoming a real problem in our organisation, getting lots of them each night, and I just dont want to know about them in my inbox.
- High priority for "Direct to me". If an email is sent directly to me I want that to be a really high priority, having trouble getting this set using the sliders....
danielmc

Postby brad » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:27 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Daniel, we really appreciate it. A few notes about your suggestions:

Contact - though it may not be obvious, we're not actually pulling contacts from the GAL when we create ClearContext contacts, we're grabbing addresses from email history. My preference here would be to find a way to better integrate use of the GAL so that we don't create a second copy of an Excange address when assigning contact priority.

Topics - <CTRL-A><CTRL-O> (or File Topic) will file all Topics at once. RE: Archiving - this is oft-requested and we are investigating ways to do this for the future.

Email - re: BCC - We're going to implement support for implementing ClearContext functions using Outlook Rules in a future release. I think this will be the best way to move BCC's.

Email - re: Scoring - this was brought up recently by another customer. We're looking into the weighting to see if there's something we can do to make these messages pop out better.
Brad Meador
brad

Additional Feature Requests

Postby joshholmes » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:14 pm

I'll second the Archiving request

These are two things that I percieve as inconsistant with some of the other functionality:

1) When I hit <ATL-M> or another filing key on a message without a topic, I want for it to prompt me for the topic and then complete the filing action.
2) On a sent item, when it prompts me for a topic, I would like the option of auto-filing just like I get when I already have a topic on a message.
joshholmes

Postby brad » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:37 pm

Both of these features are planned for our next release. Thanks for the suggestions.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby brad » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:04 pm

These last two features have been implemented in v3.1.0. Details are here.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support