The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Re-installing CC after re-installing Outlook 2007

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Re-installing CC after re-installing Outlook 2007

Postby busterh » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:56 pm

Hi Brad:

Quick dilemma!

Another add-in has somehow corrupted Outlook 2007 so that I have to start it and kill it at least 3 or 4 times before it will stabilize.

I need to do a re-install and need to know what do I have to do to keep CC working and up to date with what I have already filed, etc.

Thanks,

Jeff
busterh

Postby brad » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:57 pm

Jeff,

As long as you aren't moving to a completely new machine or starting with a blank mail file, almost all CC data should be retained after the reinstall. If you want to make sure, back up your AutoAssign rules as directed here.

If you are starting with a brand new mail file, you will lose your CC Topic list and Topic and Priority assignments. Unfortunately, there is no way to transfer this information to a clean file.

Please let me know if I can provide additional assistance/information.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby busterh » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:28 pm

Hmm..Okay.

But remember, with 2007 I have to uninstall and then re-install. Sometimes, I don' t know if it is fixed in 2007, but uninstall used to rip out the PST files. If it doesn't, then this should be cool.
busterh

Postby brad » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:55 am

Are you reinstalling Outlook or ClearContext? If Outlook, make sure that you back up your PST file. After reinstall and creation of a new profile, put your old file in place of the new one and your data should be there. If you need more data on this process, Slipstick is a great resource for information on moving and repairing Outlook PST files.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support