The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Configuration - Message Store for CC Topics

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Configuration - Message Store for CC Topics

Postby teledca » Thu May 03, 2007 10:01 am

I previously had messages stored to my personal folders and not the MS exchange server. Something happened with Outlook yesterday where CC couldnt find the 'mail.pst' file. Since then, CC is storing messages to the MS Exchange Server (Primary).

I have tried repeatedly to go to "ClearContext Options - Configuration - message store for CC topics" and change it to "personal folders." However, once I close the "configuration" window, the message store reverts back to MS Exchange Server. So, when I restart Outlook, messages are not stored to my personal folders. Any ideas?

Would it be OK to reinstall CC over the top of itself to see if this takes care of the problem? Would I lose any CC settings if I do this?

I'm running Windows XP, Outlook 2003 SP2 - exchange
Thanks
teledca

Postby brad » Thu May 03, 2007 10:35 am

It sounds like there's a problem with your mail.pst file that is keeping IMS from being able to access. Try this:

1. Ensure that your mail.pst is added to Outlook and you can access messages in it.
2. Close Outlook and run SCANPST against mail.pst. Run it several times until it stops returning errors.
3. Open Outlook - verify again that mail.pst is available and you can access messages in it.
4. Change the Topic folder location via ClearContext > Options > Identity
5. Close Outlook and REBOOT - this will ensure that Outlook is shut down completely so the changes can be made.
6. Restart Outlook - is the Topic folder located in the correct place now?

If not, go to ClearContext > About > Email Support and send me the data in that email.
Brad Meador
brad

Configure - Message Store for CC Topics

Postby teledca » Thu May 03, 2007 12:15 pm

Thanks, Brad. Running SCANPST worked. I did not have to go beyond step #3. BTW, in step #4, did you mean ClearContext > Options > Configuration and not > Identity?
teledca

Postby brad » Thu May 03, 2007 1:10 pm

I'm glad you got it working. You are correct, I meant configuration, not identity.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support