The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

ClearContext Toolbar in new email appears then disappears

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

ClearContext Toolbar in new email appears then disappears

Postby hardnose » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:41 pm

Hello there!

We just did some Microsoft updates (my favorite) and now when I create a new email, the ClearContext toolbar appears and quickly disappears. All other functionality seems normal. Any thoughts?

I have an older version (2.0.6), but it has worked perfectly until today.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

- Terry
hardnose

Postby brad » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:08 pm

Terry:

Please confirm that the issue persists after a reboot.

What other add-ins are you running? In particular, are you running the Adobe Acrobat Professional add-in? If so, is this your issue?

If neither of these help, please send me additional information by answering the following questions:

- What version of Microsoft Windows are you running?
- What version of Microsoft Outlook are you running? (If OL2K, are you in Corporate Mode or Internet Only?)
- What type of mail account(s) are you accessing (i.e. POP, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, etc.)?
- What, if any, additional Outlook Add-in's or Rules are installed?

Thanks.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby hardnose » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:18 am

Thanks, Brad. I did have to restart several times, but it seems to be working fine now, although a little slow. I guess we can blame that on the recent updates.

I don't have the Adobe Professional and am running XP Pro with Outlook 2003 SP2 through our exchange server.

Thanks for your help!

- Terry
hardnose

Postby brad » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:24 am

Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support