The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

X500 (Exchange) addresses still not working

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

X500 (Exchange) addresses still not working

Postby bobheck » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:24 am

My company uses Exchange.

After reading all posts, downloading the address book locally, restarting, ClearContext is still not recognizing any email contacts at all with hundreds of messages to analyze. I really want to use this product, but if it will not recognize my contacts, it is worthless to me. I have pasted a sample email header string from my corp email book below (sanitized) and an exported address entry.

==== BEGIN: Sample email header
Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.5
Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef;
name="winmail.dat"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
Subject: Subject
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:03:48 -0500
Message-ID: <723F2DG9FEB82544A4AA56E49503EB67014ECE34@zzzz.aaaa.bbbb.ccc.com>
X-MS-Has-Attach: yes
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: <723F2DG9FEB82544A4AA56E49503EB67014ECE34@zzzz.aaaa.bbbb.ccc.com>
Thread-Topic: Subject
Thread-Index: Acf8WDruqrbr+pQbTnCPKivbrN3+nQ==
To: "Lastname2, MI2,Firstname2" <lastname2.firstname2@ccc.com>

==== END: Sample email header

==== BEGIN: Sample Contact export

"","FirstName2","MI2","Lastname2","","","","",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"(111) 111-1111","(111) 111-1112",,"(111) 111-1113",,,,,,,,"","0-0-00",,,"0-0-00",,,,,"firstname2.lastname2@CCC.COM","SMTP","Lastname2, FirstName2",,,,,,,"Unspecified",,,,"A.B.C.",,"","","",,,"notes"",,,,"Normal","False",,,"Normal"

====END: Sample Contact export

Now, I have downloaded the email addresses as you recommend. I have two contacts folders on my box. One is under "Personal Folders" which is my email delivery location. The other is in the folder that represents my Exchange Server, it is called Contacts in Mailbox - Heck, Bob. The Contacts folder in my personal folders is empty, and there is no way to copy from the corp folder into that one, Exchange just creates another folder (that Clearcontext will not read anyway, tried).

I have checked both folders explicitly when Clearcontext is analyzing. No results.
Please advise.
bobheck

Postby brad » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:55 pm

Bob:

I am sorry that you are having trouble with the product. I would like some additional information so that we can troubleshoot.

Please go to ClearContext > About, press Email Support and send us the detail in that email. In addition, include the following:

1. A reference to this thread.
2. A screen print of ClearContext > Options > Identity
3. Click on a message send to your Exchange account. Double click your name in the To field, click on the Email Addresses tab in the dialog that opens and send me a screen print of it.

Thanks!
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support