The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Location of AutoAssign Rules

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Location of AutoAssign Rules

Postby Methuselah » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:55 am

Where are the AutoAssign rules stored? I'd liike to move these to a location of my choosing to maintain separation of operating system/application data from my personal data.

I do this so that I can save and restore images of the partition containing my operating system and applications without affecting my personal data. When I re-imaged my boot partition recently I lost all my prior AutoAssign rules.

So please tell me which file(s) stores this information and how I can relocate it.

Thanks!

Mark
End Aging!: Support: http://www.mprize.org
Methuselah

AutoAssign Storage

Postby brad » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:42 am

Mark -

ClearContext stores AutoAssign rules in the registry. In the current version of the product, there's no mechanism for transferring these rules to another machine/ setup. We will be implementing a file transfer feature in a future release.

In the meantime, if you need to transfer settings, send an email to support@clearcontext.com and I'll follow up directly with instructions on backing up AutoAssign from the registry.

Thanks for your interest/question.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support