The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

'You made changes....' message

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

'You made changes....' message

Postby mattcooling » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:16 am

On all my e-mail messages there is now a message that states:

'You made changes to another copy of this item. This is the most recent version. Click here to see other versions.'

Why is this happening, and is it possible to stop it - otherwise my mailbox quota will fill up twice as quick as each e-mail message is replicated twice?

Regards,

Matt
mattcooling

Something is Conflicting With ClearContext

Postby brad » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:29 am

Matt:

When you receive a message, ClearContext automatically appends additional information to it, including its score, topic name, thread id. etc.. If another process changes the message at the same time, a conflict is generated. This can occur if there is another add-in installed that changes messages on receipt or if you use another machine or device that accesses your mail file.

There is a greater impact than just the conflict you see. Depending on which message appears in the inbox, it may look like ClearContext topics are not sticking/ being assigned across all messages in a thread.

I'm going to follow up with a note to the email address you registered with so that we can try and identify the source of the problem and come up with a way to mitigate it.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby mwarren » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:01 am

Was there ever a resolution to this?

I get the same behaviour with ClearContext 1.1.4. I'm using Outlook 2003 with an Exchange Server.

I was wondering if it had anything to do with having the BlackBerry client (with Exchange Server synchronization) installed?
mwarren

Blackberry is the likely culprit

Postby brad » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:27 am

Yes, the conflict is likely caused by interaction with Blackberry. For more detail on this issue, see this post.

We have made improvements in our v2 product to work around this problem. It is currently in beta. If you are interested in beta testing, please send a note to beta@clearcontext.com.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby mwarren » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:57 am

Thanks Brad. I don't have access to the Exchange or BlackBerry server but will try re-configuring the client.

I'm looking forward to see V2.0 if it does fix the problem.

Mark
mwarren

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support