The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

messages in inbox regularly being assigned to wrong topics

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

messages in inbox regularly being assigned to wrong topics

Postby igoldsmid » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:40 pm

I am noticing - in V4 - on a regular basis - that messages arriving in my inbox are being assigned, seemingly arbitrarily to strangely wrong topics... not all the time, but regularly enough to dent my confidence, and put a dent in the productivity this tool is otherwise providing...
igoldsmid

Postby brad » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:13 am

Are you running IMS on multiple machines? If you open the RelatedView on a message with the wrong Topic, do the messages that appear there belong to the current thread? Please go to ClearContext > About, press Email Support and send us the data in that email. Thanks.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby geraldf » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:25 pm

I do have the same problem. What I noticed in addition is, that when this happens it also happens that two different e-mails get collected under the same thread, and then this thread gets one topic assigned. So the problem could be based on the fact, that the msg get wrongly combined under one thread.
regards
Gerald
geraldf

Postby brad » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:41 pm

Gerald:

Do you run IMS on multiple machines?

Thanks.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support