The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

? Track "topic" by message subject line?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

? Track "topic" by message subject line?

Postby gavinfischer » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:16 pm

I send a lot of messages with the same subject line

Subject : *Company* CDA

At any time I will have several of these out at once. When I get replies, it essentially never gets the topic right. These are folks who I probably don't have in my Outlook contacts yet, don't have an auto-assign rule set up for, and am getting a first response from. It is setting the Topic to be whatever other emails with the same subject line are set to, and when I change one it changes the rest. I am trying to set them appropriatly as they come back in, but the linkage between the messages is getting in the way. The problem comes when I send responses, as at that point it is putting my outgoing message in random folders (not really random, just set according to a topic that may or may not be correct).

yes - I knowI can change the topic, but it is annoying to check every time on these and I space it a lot.

QUESTION : Can I stop it from doing this? Can I "unlink" the different mails from each other so that when I change ones topic, the others don't change?

I realize this is a special case, and for all the others it is doing exactly what I want/expect, it is just for these starting ones that it is kind of annoying.

THANKS.

Gavin

P.S. I do want to add my voice to the other thread that mentioned set topic by TO: line (with a domain option) as this is huge for me. Letting that override the weirdness I am seeing above (a checkbox of ALWAYS OVER RIDE TOPIC) would solve my problem.
gavinfischer

Thread Linking

Postby brad » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:50 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Currently threads are determined by subject name and there's no way to break off a thread. That said, we already have your request on our future enhancements list though I can't provide an ETA at this time.

As for the To: in AutoAssign, some form of this is coming sooner rather than later, so hang in there.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support