The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Limit to number of rules?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Limit to number of rules?

Postby rcollings » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:54 pm

I have been plodding through creating rules for all the newsletters, etc that I am signed up to and have already created a 100! I have just taken a look at what remains in my Inbox sorted by sender and reckon that I still have another 200-300 to go (arrrgh). Are there any known limits - physical, logical or performance wise to the number of rules that one can have.

And just to repeat again - I do think it would be helpful if one could simply specify the default topic for each contact. If I had this facility, then I think this would cover about 95% of the rules that I have currently set up.
Richard
London, UK
CC V6.0.1+ Outlook 2010 + Windows 7 + POP3
rcollings

Postby brad » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:51 pm

There isn't a limit to the number of rules that you can create and we have not encountered any major performance issues with large rule sets.
Brad Meador
brad

Re: Limit to number of rules?

Postby rcollings » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:10 pm

rcollings wrote:And just to repeat again - I do think it would be helpful if one could simply specify the default topic for each contact. If I had this facility, then I think this would cover about 95% of the rules that I have currently set up.

I can't find the original place that I requested this but as far as I can remember, I haven't seen a response to this suggestion. Is it something that has been considered and rejected; or is it on a list of possible enhancements; or is it not possible?

I have a significant number of people that I correspond with whose stuff goes into a single folder. It would be easier to specify this folder at the same time as creating their address - rather than having to create a separate rule.

Its in the 'nice to have category' - but towards the top of my list!
Richard
London, UK
rcollings

Postby brad » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:18 pm

Here's the initial response to your suggestion. Yes, we want to implement this in the future.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby rcollings » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:23 am

Thanks, Brad. That's good news. Your ability to find things in this forum is better than mine!
Richard
London, UK
rcollings

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support