The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

V4 will not install

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

V4 will not install

Postby rhood » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:08 pm

I have Outlook 2007, running Vista Ultimate. Currently using CC3.1.0 trired to install V4 it appeared to install ok (slected install as administrator) but when I reopened Outlook still had V3.1.0. Rebooted computer and attempted to install V4 before outlook was even started same result still V3.1.0.

Attempted to Remove V3.1.0 through control panel Windows said it had uninstalled it but when I started Outlook V3.1.0 is still there running just fine. Now I can't uninstall it since it has been cleared out of the installed programs under the control panel and I still can install v4.

Help
rhood

Postby brad » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:40 pm

Do not install as Administrator. This will install IMS on your Administrator account, but not on the account that you want to use.

Try installing normally (i.e. just run ccims.exe) and see if it upgrades. If that doesn't work, uninstall v3 via Programs and reinstall v4.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby rhood » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:27 pm

Tried to install normally no change would not install Outlook still showed Version 3.1.0.

Uninstalled CC through programs - showed that it uninstalled normally - rebooted - installed V-4 - Outlook still shows Version 3.1.0.

Programs did not show CC installed after reboot.
rhood

Postby brad » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:03 pm

OK, it sounds like the windows programs database has become corrupted. Don't worry, we can fix it, but it may be a little tedious...

Try this:
1. Close Outlook.
2. Go to Control Panel > Programs
3. Uninstall IMS if it is listed.
4. Hit f5 to refresh the Programs list - does IMS reappear?
5. Log in as Administrator.
6. Uninstall IMS from Programs while logged in as Administrator.
7. Log back in under the account that you intend to run Outlook under.
8. Go back to Programs - is IMS listed? If so, uninstall one more time and hit f5 to refresh to verify that it has been removed.
9. Run the upgrade again.
10. Open Outlook - did it work?

If not, let me know the results and I'll follow up with more things to try.

Thanks for your patience as we work through this.
Brad Meador
brad

Same issue for me

Postby nathacc » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:15 pm

Hi
I've the same issue as the one described in this topic and would be interested in getting for information.
I'm running Windows Vista Basic Pro
Outlook 2007
Exchange
I have Outlook Connector installed and I used to have Agendus (I uninstalled it as completely as possible)

I've installed CCIMS 4 this morning, but did not succeed in making it work properly. Then I tried to uninstall, but did not succeed. I tried all the tips given but I'm still unable to uninstall and reinstall CCIMS properly.
I would like help since this software seems promising for me.
Thanks !
nathacc

Postby brad » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:09 pm

nathacc:

Which Outlook Connector are you using? To connect to Hotmail or to connect to Lotus? Currently IMS supports mail access via Exchange and POP only. If you're using another service it may not matter whether or not we can get it installed correctly.

If I'm mistaken and you are accessing Exchange or POP, let me know and I'll provide additional details on reinstalling.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby nathacc » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:00 pm

Hi Brad,
I' have Outlook connector installed but I'm not using it.
I use Exchange to get my emails.
Thanks !
nathacc

Postby brad » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:27 am

Sorry you're having troubles right out of the gate.

Does the application need to be enabled (see link)?

If that's not it, did you install as an Administrator? If so, please log in as Administrator, uninstall, then log in under the account you intend to use the product with and install (NOT as Administrator).

If that's not it, try following the detailed instructions above to uninstall.

Also, there's a tweaked build out there, so when you reinstall, make sure you have downloaded the latest executable.

If none of this helps, send an email to support at clearcontext dot com, reference this thread and describe the steps you have taken so far, and we'll send additional instructions on repairing the corruption.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby nathacc » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:13 pm

Hi Brad,

Thanks for your so prompt answer. In fact I've probably / maybe installed the soft "as an administrator", but I am the admin of the machine, and there is no admin account on this machine, so I can't log on as an admin to uninstall...
I've tried all the detailed instuctions shown above.
Thanks a lot anyway.
Cheers
Nathalie from France
nathacc

Postby brad » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:16 pm

nathacc:

Just checking in. I sent additional instructions yesterday - were you able to resolve the issue?
Brad Meador
brad

Didn't work

Postby rhood » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:17 pm

Hi Brad:

Tried this and it didn't work - sorry it took so long to get back to you. What next?

OK, it sounds like the windows programs database has become corrupted. Don't worry, we can fix it, but it may be a little tedious...

Try this:
1. Close Outlook.
2. Go to Control Panel > Programs
3. Uninstall IMS if it is listed.
4. Hit f5 to refresh the Programs list - does IMS reappear?
5. Log in as Administrator.
6. Uninstall IMS from Programs while logged in as Administrator.
7. Log back in under the account that you intend to run Outlook under.
8. Go back to Programs - is IMS listed? If so, uninstall one more time and hit f5 to refresh to verify that it has been removed.
9. Run the upgrade again.
10. Open Outlook - did it work?

If not, let me know the results and I'll follow up with more things to try.

Thanks for your patience as we work through this.

Postby brad » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:27 pm

I am sending you additional information via email.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support