The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Folder rename not appearing in topic list

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Folder rename not appearing in topic list

Postby rcollings » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:29 am

I created a new folder "Technical fora" in my Clear Context folder hierarchy. Clicking on the Topic button showed that it had appeared in my Clear Context topics.

I then decided that I preferred the name "Technical forums" (!) and renamed the folder (in the Outlook folder window). However, when I clicked on the Topic button, the topic still appeared with the old name.

I then changed the name in the Topic view and was able to assign this new name to an email.

However, when I invoked the Topic list again, it was still only showing the original name.

I could only resolve the problem by exiting from Outlook and restarting.
Richard
London, UK
CC V6.0.1+ Outlook 2010 + Windows 7 + POP3
rcollings

Postby brad » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:50 am

You are correct; renamed Topic folders are not loaded in the Topics list until a restart. I have this on the list to see if we can work around it in the future.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby rcollings » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:09 am

Thanks. Not a show stopper but would be good to fix as I do quite often change folder names.
Richard
London, UK
CC V6.0.1+ Outlook 2010 + Windows 7 + POP3
rcollings

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support