The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Only Day of the Week for Appointments in Dashboard

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Only Day of the Week for Appointments in Dashboard

Postby Jun Ohira » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:00 am

Hi,

Only a day of the week, not month or day, is displayed in the "Appointments" section of the Dashboard.
I guess it might be because I'm using Japanese version of Windows and Outlook.

Could you let me know how to change date format in Dashboard?

In the "Tasks and Actions" section of the Dashboard, "Due/Scheduled" is displayed in "YYYY/MM/DD" format.
I'd like to see the same information for "Appointments" also.

My environment is as follows:
* MS Windows XP Pro SP2
* Outlook 2003 SP2, Exchange

Best regards, Jun[/list]
Jun Ohira

Postby brad » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:40 pm

The dashboard should show only the day of week for appointments that occur within the next seven days. Appointments that occur the following week should be accompanied by a month and date. Do items on your calendar that are more than one week away show the month?

We follow the Outlook team's lead in this; the dates should appear the same way that they do when viewing the To Do bar in Outlook 2007. There is no way to change this behavior at this time.

Thanks for your feedback/suggestion.
Brad Meador
brad

Same Issue for appointments more than one week away

Postby Jun Ohira » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:30 pm

Dear Brad,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Even for appointments more than one week away, only day of the week is displayed in the Dashboard.

In the "To Do" bar of my outlook 2003, months and dates are displayed.

Could you let me know how to make the appointments in Dashboard display the dates just like "To Do" bar?

Best regards, Jun
Jun Ohira

Postby brad » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:42 am

Jun:

Please go to ClearContext > About, press Email Support and send us a screen print depicting this problem. Reference this post when you do so.

FYI - there may be some confusion in terminology here. The To Do Bar is only available in Outlook 2007. I suspect that you are looking at the TaskPad in Outlook 2003, which displays dates differently than the Dashboard.

Thanks.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support