The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Contact priority not being picked up

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Contact priority not being picked up

Postby rcollings » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:38 pm

I have just received an email from somebody whose details are in my Contacts folder and whose priority is set to high. However, the email appears in black so it does not appear to have been scored correctly. It has been through the ClearContext scoring process because clicking on RelatedView brings up the History, etc correctly.

On possible explanation is that the contact has been set up with two email addreses and the email address of the email matches the 2nd email address in the Contact record. Is this a known issue?

Clicking on the Contact button brings up the correct contact record directly.

Any thoughts?
Richard
London, UK
CC V6.0.1+ Outlook 2010 + Windows 7 + POP3
rcollings

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:33 pm

What happens if you drag the message out of the Inbox, then back into it?
ClearContext Support

Postby rcollings » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:50 pm

Sorry - should have said: already done that and no change. It does have a cc-Msgcore of 0, tho (having just added a column to the view to show this).
Richard
London, UK
rcollings

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:34 pm

Is the manual priority set on this message? Check the History Tab of RelatedView to confirm that the priority was not set on this thread at some point. Also, is this part of a long conversation? There are various factors that contribute to the score - not just contact priority. Try going to ClearContext > Options > Scoring Options, dragging the contact slider all the way to the right, clicking Apply Inbox and seeing if that impacts the score in the way that you expect.
ClearContext Support

Postby rcollings » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:22 pm

This was the first message in new thread and I definitely did not set a manual priority. And I checked the related view to confirm this.

I did as you suggested with the Contact slider and the priority has now changed to very high.

It is very odd though - all other initial messages that have come through from a contact that already exists in the Contacts folder have been allocated a Normal priority or higher. This Contact has a priority of high so I remain puzzled as to why this message didn't get a higher priority in the first place.
Richard
London, UK
rcollings

Postby brad » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:44 am

What email address was it sent TO - was it sent to an alias that you use that IMS might not know about? Make sure that all of the email addresses you receive email at are listed under ClearContext > Options > Identity.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby rcollings » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:51 am

No - it was sent to one of the addresses that appears in the detected email addresses box in the Identity dialog box.

I have now set the Known Addresses slider back to a middle setting (which is more than it was before - previously it was about 1/3) and will wait to see whether it happens again.#

Have you thought about adding something into the RelatedView dialog (or elsewhere) which shows precisely how a thread has been scored. The problem at the moment is that if a thread is not getting the priority that one wants, there is no way of telling (as far I can see) how that score was derived and what you need to do to correct the problem.
Richard
London, UK
rcollings

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:59 am

Thanks as always for the suggestions. Please let me know if you see the issue again.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support