The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Some Classified Messages Will Not Send via Exchange Server

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Some Classified Messages Will Not Send via Exchange Server

Postby kharper » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:51 pm

I'm using CC 4.0.3 with Outlook 2003 SP3 under Win XP Pro and connecting to an Exchange server. Sometimes (and not always) when I classify an outgoing message and then click to send, it appears in the Outbox not in Italics and will not go out. I have to choose it in the Outbox and click Forward, at which time it will go out, leaving the original copy of the message sitting there. Is there a solution? Thanks!
kharper

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:44 pm

A problem like this has not been reported with v4, so please bear with me while we troubleshoot.

I assume that when you say classify you are referring to assigning a Topic to an outgoing message? IMS monitors the sent folder to assign Topics to messages. It does not alter the outgoing message in anyway until after it has been sent. I would not expect IMS processing and the assignment of Topics to explicitly have any impact on messages in the Outbox.

When a message appears in the Outbox and it is not italicized, that generally indicates that after hitting send on the message, but before the message was pushed to your outgoing mail server, some other process altered the message. This can occur if you open the message from the Outbox before it is sent or because another application touched it in some way. Microsoft has a detailed explanation of stuck outbox messages and suggested solutions here.

A quick search of the net shows that this is a fairly common problem in native Outlook. If the suggestions above don't help, try following directions here to clean up your mail file and see if that makes a difference.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support