The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Default behavior of Origional Msg when replying

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Default behavior of Origional Msg when replying

Postby gsutcliffe » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:30 am

Windows XP SP2
CC Version 4.4.0D

A while back I responded to an email under CC control and selected the "Origional Msg" to "Delete". Now for some reason it always defaults to "Delete" when it previously defaulted to "File to Topic". By nature I'm a packrat! How can I change the default option for "Origional Msg"? I'm not sure why it changed in the first place.

Graham
gsutcliffe

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:22 am

IMS remembers that default for two different states - msgs with Topics and msgs without. Reply to a message without a Topic, change Orig Msg to File to Topic and reply. Do NOT assign a Topic on send. This will change the default for messages without Topics. Do the same for a message that has a Topic assigned - assign a Topic, reply, change Orig Msg and Send. This should fix your issue.
ClearContext Support

Worked!

Postby gsutcliffe » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:22 pm

Worked perfectly. Thanks!
gsutcliffe

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support