The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Corrupt Topic List

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Corrupt Topic List

Postby sfkeller » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:45 pm

Running CC4.0.3 under XP SP2 Outlook 2003 using Exchange 2003. No Outlook rules or add ins. Severity Fatal long term

My Topic list got corrupted (CC4.0.3 and Outlook both crashed / hung when I was backing up and tried to start them) Some things in ClearContext seems to be working but auto assign does not.

I have a couple of hundred folders and a hundred auto assign rules. In other posts it says "The Topic list is populated by scanning all of the sub-folders of the ClearContext Topics folder."

I downloaded CC4.0.3 and "upgraded" but no improvement. I am concerned about a total uninstall / install because I don't want to lose my auto assign rules.

Is there any way to force a scan of the topic folders under ClearContext and recreate the topic list?

One note - the topic list is slowly getting repopulated as messages get filed from a previous auto assign. Apparently the topic is created in the pull down list when I file.

Thanks for any way to fix this.

Scott
sfkeller

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:23 pm

It sounds like IMS is looking at the wrong Topic folder.

1. Go to ClearContext > Options > Configuration.
2. Verify that the Message store listed is the mail file that your Topic folders are in
3. Verify that the location of ClearContext Topics Folders is pointing to the folder that all of your Topic folders are in

If these appear to be pointing to the correct location, please go to ClearContext > About, press Email Support and send the following screen prints:
1. The above configuration window
2. Your folder list showing the folder and datastore that your Topic folders are in along with a list of all your Topic folders
3. Click the Topic selector button and send a screen print of your Topic list

To take a screen print, highlight the window and press ALT-Print Screen, then paste the image into your reply using CTRL-V.

With this information in hand I'll be able to troubleshoot further.
ClearContext Support

Postby sfkeller » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:08 pm

Great catch - that's exactly what was happening
sfkeller

Postby sfkeller » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:12 pm

Great catch - that's exactly what was happening

I failed to mention but I have my /ClearContext Topics on my local disk because we have a limit on our inbox on the exchange server.

Just resetting that to the right location and restarting fixed everything.

Thank you very much for the quick response. I appreciate it.

Scott
sfkeller

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support