The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Suggested CC Email Priority Scoring Option: Date/Time Rec.

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Suggested CC Email Priority Scoring Option: Date/Time Rec.

Postby Balthazor » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:26 am

I've been using CC for a couple of months now. Very useful.

There have been a few times when I have accidentally read emails out of chronological order, and it would be useful to adjust the importance of chronology in the CC email priority scoring options.

It also appears that emails with attachments are given a higher priority, and if so, being able to adjust this as a slider would also be useful.

The available options do not allow me to set the priority 'scoring' exactly to my needs. It is close, but it could be improved on.

Thanks for your time and the continuing development of this great product.
Balthazor

Re: Suggested CC Email Priority Scoring Option: Date/Time Rec.

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:16 pm

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. A couple of points:

There have been a few times when I have accidentally read emails out of chronological order, and it would be useful to adjust the importance of chronology in the CC email priority scoring options.

I believe there are two things going on here. First, it sounds like a view selection choice is needed here. Messages can appear in priority order or chronological order or threaded chronologically. Go to ClearContext > Inbox Views > View Selection Wizard to find the view that works best for you.

Second, we have had requests that we use time as a factor in prioritization and are considering for a future release. It's a very tricky concept to get right. If you're a piler, you may want the importance of messages to decrease as they get stale. If you're a filer, it could be that messages that are a few days old are more important to you because you haven't acted on them yet. More study is required before we tackle.

It also appears that emails with attachments are given a higher priority, and if so, being able to adjust this as a slider would also be useful.

Emails with attachments are not given higher priority. There must be some other factor at work here. The sliders cover all major factors that ClearContext uses for prioritization.

Thanks again for the feedback.
ClearContext Support

Postby Balthazor » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:57 pm

I think my concerns are simpler than the chronology issues you mentioned; I would be satisifed if, within a single conversation thread, the messages are sorted chronologically.

My inbox is 'empty' at the moment, so i can't test the different inbox views; is there currently an inbox view that will still prioritize threads but keep the messages within the threads in chronological order?

Thank you.
Balthazor

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:57 pm

All of the color-coded views should do that. I did find an error in the threaded view. which may be the source of your confusion. To correct:

• Select ClearContext > Inbox Views > Threaded
  • Select View > Arrange By > Current View > Customize Current View (2003) or View > Current View > Customize Current View (2007)
  • Select Sort
  • Underneath Then by CC-ThreadID add Then by Received
  • Click OK, No, No, OK
  • Select ClearContext > Inbox Views > Save Current View

This view definition will be changed in the next major release to reflect this additional sorting parameter.
ClearContext Support

Postby Balthazor » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:51 am

Thanks for the feedback.
Balthazor

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support