The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Change Default Folder

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Change Default Folder

Postby menza » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:32 pm

I installed ClearContext to see how I liked it, well I like it a lot -- and will be purchasing it when the trial expires. There is only one problem, the program is cluttering up my inbox.

I tried to change the default folder from my inbox to another folder named incontext, but everything is still going to the old clearcontext folders located in my inbox. So, I have two questions. First, how do I change the default folder an have clearcontext use it -- i know how to change the options. And secondly, once CC is using the correct folder, what do I do about the old folders and items that are now in my inbox? Is there a way to move them or will the program do that for me automatically?

Thanks
menza

Re: Change Default Folder

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:55 pm

Did you restart Outlook after making your Topic Folder location change. Here's what you should do:

1. Change the location to the folder you want.
2. Restart Outlook.
3. Drag your old ClearContext Topic folder (sub-folders of the Inbox) to be sub-folders of the new Topic storage location.

A video showing this process is located here. Please let me know if I can provide additional information.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support