The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Manual Defer

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Manual Defer

Postby ssholloway » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:50 pm

Hi, Brad--
When I'm working in OWA and I want to defer an email, I manually copy it to one of the existing deferred folders under my Inbox. Sometimes the contents of a deferred folder are not pushed back to the Inbox on the due date. The only common factor I've been able to find is that the failed deferred folder contains at least one of my manually deferred emails. Unfortunately, I can't say if this happens 100% of the time when the deferred folder has a manually deferred email, but it is frequent enough to be a concern.
Thanks.
--Sue
WinXP SP2
Outlook 2007
Exchange 2003
IMS 4.0.7
ssholloway

Re: Manual Defer

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:30 pm

I don't expect Defer to work this way. Manually moving messages to Deferred folders will not cause them to reappear at a later date. The Defer button must be used to successfully Defer a message.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support