The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

can't install ims pro on outlook 2003 win xp pro

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

can't install ims pro on outlook 2003 win xp pro

Postby Rtedesco » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:47 pm

I have been running clear context ims pro for the last few months. I had to temporarily put a new laptop in service while mine is out for repairs. I installed outlook 2003 on the new machine with the same user account. Everything installed okay,including the folders created by clear context. We have exchange server. I have win xp pro service pack 2 on the new machine.

I have attempted to install ims pro trial version serveral times directly from your website. I have downloaded to local drive and attempted to install from there several times. It goes through the install process, but does not install. the install does not ask to accept the user agreement.

Please help. emails are piling up and I dont' want to manually sort to folders.

Thanks
Rtedesco

Re: can't install ims pro on outlook 2003 win xp pro

Postby Scott - CC Support » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:01 pm

Look in Add/Remove Programs in the control panel and verify that ClearContext is installed. If it is, it sounds like it's one of two things:

You need to re-enable ClearContext in Outlook.

You installed with elevated privileges - if you installed under a different account or selected Run As Administrator when you installed, uninstall ClearContext and reinstall under the account that you intend to use the product.
Scott - CC Support

Postby Rtedesco » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:11 pm

Thanks, I actually found it in add/remove programs before your reply and there was something wrong with the install. I removed and reinstalled and it looks like it is going to work. Do I need to re-register this copy?

Thanks.
Rtedesco

Postby Scott - CC Support » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:31 pm

Enter your v4 registration key and you should be good to go.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support