The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Original Message Action not "Sticky"

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Original Message Action not "Sticky"

Postby carl » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:04 pm

I am using the message processing feature to file original messages as I reply. Most times I prefer to file the original message, but occasionally I'll want it left in the Inbox if I have to do something else with it. The problem is that when I make an exception, that becomes the new default. The next time I reply, I have to remember (not a strength of mine!) to change it back.

Verify_Action.jpg
Verify_Action.jpg (7.46 KiB) Viewed 4022 times

Orig_Msg_Action_Toolbar.jpg
Orig_Msg_Action_Toolbar.jpg (4.1 KiB) Viewed 4023 times

I realize that this is the advertised behavior:
ClearContext User Guide wrote:When issuing an Original Message command for each item (Reply, Task, and Schedule) ClearContext remembers the action you last took and defaults to it the next time you process a message. The last action is remembered for two different states - items that initially have topics assigned to them and items that do not.

I would much rather be able to set my own default action via the Preferences panel and not have the default keep changing on me. It would make more sense (IMHO) to have either one global "sticky" default, or to have separate "sticky" defaults for reply, forward, task, and schedule.

Also, I noticed that this feature seems to be disabled when forwarding messages. Can we have this functionality added for forwards?

Any other votes for how this should work?

Thanks,
Carl
carl

Re: Original Message Action not "Sticky"

Postby Scott - CC Support » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:59 am

Thanks for the suggestions, Carl.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support