The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Creating Linked Task From Appointment

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Creating Linked Task From Appointment

Postby subseaguy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:36 am

Does anyone know if there is a way to create a task from an appointment so they are linked via the same thread? Example, at a meeting I would like to capture actions, create a task for each action, and then at a later date, be able to look back to and see the actions related to that meeting using the conversation thread which would also give me the associated communication thread.
subseaguy

Re: Creating Linked Task From Appointment

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:24 pm

There is not a way to force a link between an appointment and a task at this point. You could send yourself a message and create a task and appointment from that message to link the two together.
ClearContext Support

Re: Creating Linked Task From Appointment

Postby subseaguy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:30 am

Here is the work around I am using;

1. Using Appointment list view, get Thread_No of Appointment to which you want to link tasks
2. Go to Task and use List view
3. As tasks are created, type Thread_No into task

When Message Context is selected in the selected appointment, all related action items (tasks) will be listed. Alternatively, if you open the task and select MessageContext, it will show the link to the appointment the task is linked to.

Works pretty well.
subseaguy

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support