The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

No color coding, some manual errors?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

No color coding, some manual errors?

Postby sjordi » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:00 am

Hi,
using ClearContext 4.5 Pro I am currently reading the User Guide and found some differences between what is described and what I have.
I'm using it with Outlook 2007.

1- My inbox messages are not at all colored. Despite the fact that the contacts for those messages have been analyzed at startup and I also verified that they have High priorities directly in the contact form itself.
I checked the View->Current View menu and it says "ClearContext by Date".
I did not change anything, I run it as it came at install time.

2- User Guide, p.5, it says to click the Contact button but where is it? It's nowhere.

3- User Guide, p.8, at the top it says to click the Attachments button from the toolbar. It doesn't exist. Maybe in Outlook 2003, but not in 2007. You have to add it yourself by going through the ClearContext->Options->Preferences->Toolbar to add it to the toolbar.
Maybe you should correct the User Guide to inform about that. Don't assume it's there by default.

4- User Guide, p.16, same as point 3, there is no "MessageContent" button on the toolbar, you have to add it yourself.

5- Suggestion: you should let the user reconfigure or delete the notifications (in the FolderContext, under Notifications) by right-clicking on it. I made a mistake on creating a Xing.com notification and wasn't able to correct it. I had to remove it first.
Also I am not on Facebook and wanted to remove it from the list, it should have a right-click menu to delete it instead of leading sometimes not experienced users into the local settings files that are hidden by default, don't you think?

:)

Anyway, I'm moving ahead in the manual and may come again with new comments, suggestions, complaints.

Thanks for any help.
Steve
Steve Jordi
Prangins, Switzerland
sjordi

Re: No color coding, some manual errors?

Postby Scott - CC Support » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:28 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Let me dive right in:

#1 - I suspect you are running a non-English language version of Outlook. See our FAQ to remedy.

#2 - we removed this feature in v4.5 because it was redundant with an Outlook feature. Right click the sender name in the message header and select look up contact to open contact records.

#3 - In personal this is on the toolbar by default. I have changed the verbiage to be clearer.

#4 - Actually, I think this is correct, here's the text (emphasis added):

In Outlook 2007, the MessageContext is integrated in all messages, tasks (Pro only), and appointments (Pro only); expand it by pressing + at the bottom of the item. In Outlook 2003 and earlier, open MessageContext by clicking the MessageContext button on the ClearContext toolbar.

#5 - we have numerous enhancements we would like to make to Notification Managers for a future release. Thanks for the suggestions.

Thanks for the detailed feedback. Please send more our way as yo have it.
Scott - CC Support

Re: No color coding, some manual errors?

Postby sjordi » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:41 am

Scott - CC Support wrote:#1 - I suspect you are running a non-English language version of Outlook. See our FAQ to remedy.

No but I fully uninstalled it and reinstalled it and don't know why but it's working fine now.
I have OL2007 and XP Pro US editions. Probably a quirck somewhere on my side :-)

#2 - we removed this feature in v4.5 because it was redundant with an Outlook feature. Right click the sender name in the message header and select look up contact to open contact records.

Ok then, but it could be nice to add it to the documentation (unless I just didn't see it).

Keep up the good work. The more I use ClearContext the more I enjoy it (and I'm probably using only 10% of it now).
Steve Jordi
Prangins, Switzerland
sjordi

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support