The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

New Topic Creation alert when filing msg with existing topic

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

New Topic Creation alert when filing msg with existing topic

Postby kproth » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:45 pm

In my CC Prefs, I've got "New Topic Creation:" set to "Ask whether to create", to prevent CC re-creating a deleted or renamed topic folder if I select a "Suggested Topic" whose folder no longer exists. Unfortunately, that alert doesn't appear if I use the "File Msg" button to file an email (e.g. in my inbox) that's already assigned to one of these topics. CC quietly creates the un-desired folder and files the message into it with no prompt at all. This may occur if I receive a response to a message that had previously been filed, or if I find another email further down in my inbox that I want to file.

I (for one) sure wish this option also applied to the filing of messages with existing topics.

Any chance you guys could work this into a future enhancement?
kproth

Re: New Topic Creation alert when filing msg with existing topic

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:11 pm

Thanks for the feedback. This is on our features list to take a look at for a future build.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support