The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Change Default Action when Replying?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Change Default Action when Replying?

Postby JeffL » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:17 am

When I hit reply, the Original Message Action defaults to "File to Topic". I would like to change the default to be "No Action". Is there a preference I can set to control that? I can't seem to find it!

Thanks,
Jeff
JeffL

Postby brad » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:50 pm

Jeff:

IMS defaults to the the last value used for Orig. Msg.. However, it does it in two different cases - messages with Topics assigned and messages without. So, to see this in action, reply to a message with a Topic assigned and change the value of Orig. Msg.. The next time you reply to a message with a Topic assigned, it should default to the value you just set.

Is this the behavior you are seeing?
Brad Meador
brad

Postby JeffL » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:09 pm

Brad,

Not exactly, no. It works as you describe when I reply to a message that already has a topic. But any message with no topic is always defaulting to "File To Topic."

Thanks - J
JeffL

Postby brad » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:51 pm

Change Orig Msg to the value you want when replying to a message without a Topic. Don't assign a Topic to the message as you send it. Once you assign a Topic to the message (even if you do it in the Send Message Control Panel) IMS updates the default for messages with Topics assigned. I'd like to change this so it's a little more intuitive in a future build.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby JeffL » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:54 pm

Yes, please! :-)

And thanks for the answers. - J
JeffL

Re: Change Default Action when Replying?

Postby Interactive » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:00 am

This post helped me solve problem # 1 (changing the default behavior for replies).

I have 2 follow up questions:

1. Why isn't there an option to "File Thread". I find it to be a common requirement that, when returning to my inbox I may have several messages in the same thread, only one requires input from me. I think it fits with with workflow that I should be able to reply to/forward one message in the thread and have ALL THE MESSAGES in the thread be filed at once. This would probably be the single most significant time saver for me. Is this possible?

2. Why can't I use the same function to auto-file forwarded messages? If I receive messages in a thread that need to be deferred to a team member for follow up, I'd like to forward the message and have the message (or the whole thread) filed accordingly. Is this possible?
Interactive

Re: Change Default Action when Replying?

Postby Scott - CC Support » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:19 am

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. The second one has been requested previously. Both have been added to our features list for future consideration.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support