The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Is there a log for auto-assigned priorities?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Is there a log for auto-assigned priorities?

Postby Interactive » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:49 am

Ok, my last new topic for today, I promise.

I'm trying to really understand the priortization process so I can adust the scroll bar settings to my liking. I'm not sure the auto-priorities are working as I intended. For example, I have a message from someone who has sent me 2-3 emails EVER and is NOT assigned to a topic (so CC does not recognize any topic relevance at this point) yet this mesage is being market high priority.

How can this happen? And my real question is, how can I look under the covers to see why this is happening so I can better manage my settings in the future?

PS The message subject does have a customer name in it that probably represents 75% of the high priority contacts I have. Could that be it? Again, I'd love to see the reason CC auto assigns a priority so I can make some sense of this.
Interactive

Re: Is there a log for auto-assigned priorities?

Postby Scott - CC Support » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:19 am

Ok, my last new topic for today, I promise.

Post as often as you feel like. We love to get feedback on the product.

We're updating our design whitepaper to reflect the latest in scoring - but the current one is a good start. Though I can't say exactly what's going on with the message you describe, a few things to note:

• ClearContext scores message conversation threads, not individual messages. If the message subject here is the same as a previous conversation you had with a higher priority contact, it will retain that higher priority.
  • The highest priority contact in a message conversation dictates the priority floor - the lowest priority a thread can be. For example, if you receive an email from an unknown sender and forward it to a High priority sender, as soon as the High priority sender responds, all messages in the conversation will be marked as High or better.
  • Manually priorities take precedence over all of this, so if you manually set a priority via the ClearContext menu or AutoAssign, all messages in the conversation will reflect that priority regardless of sender.

Check the history tab in MessageContext to see if prior messages in this thread have affected priority and/or if an AutoAssign rule or manual priority has been set.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support