The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Enhancement to "jump to topic"

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Enhancement to "jump to topic"

Postby MisterBates » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:42 am

I like the new Jump to Topic that, from the topic selector, puts you into the mail folder for the selected topic.

But, as a GTD advocate, the emails related to a topic are for me only part of the picture. Equally important are the tasks and appointments (here I'm assuming that the "topic" in this case is either a GTD "area of focus" or is a GTD "project").

Can I request a different approach than the "jump to topic (mails)" - one that instead offers the ability to "jump to topic dashboard"? Would be great if there were a button next to the topic selector in the ClearContext ribbon that, when clicked, opened the dashboard page for the topic. This would make the emails, tasks, appointments etc. for a topic available with one button click from any open message, task or appointment. Adding a similar button to the ClearContext toolbar would make this also available from explorer views.

Thoughts?
MisterBates

Re: Enhancement to "jump to topic"

Postby Scott - CC Support » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:26 am

Thanks for the suggestion. One tip - when opening the Dashboard from a folder (either via the Dashboard button or "Jump to Dashboard" on the Actions menu of FolderContext) ClearContext will automatically open to the current folder's Topic Dashboard.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support