The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

A few suggestions

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

A few suggestions

Postby smithle » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:40 pm

Allow saving of some number dashboards; I'm having to create them each time I go back to the dashboard view

Don’t create tasks/events upon click, but upon save. If I decide not to create the event/task, I'm having to remember to go in and delete or disregard the abandoned item that it created.

Work with outlook categories (particularly for calendar items and tasks). Outlook folders aren't intuitive for events/tasks. I had to build a folder heiarchy just to get quick access to the cagetories I needed.
smithle

Re: A few suggestions

Postby Scott - CC Support » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:15 pm

Allow saving of some number dashboards; I'm having to create them each time I go back to the dashboard view

This is oft-requested and high on our list of future features.

Don’t create tasks/events upon click, but upon save. If I decide not to create the event/task, I'm having to remember to go in and delete or disregard the abandoned item that it created.

Can you be more specific? After pressing the task or schedule button, the item is not created until it is saved.

Work with outlook categories (particularly for calendar items and tasks). Outlook folders aren't intuitive for events/tasks. I had to build a folder heiarchy just to get quick access to the cagetories I needed.

ClearContext can duplicate Topics into categories so that you can use them in Task views (ClearContext > Options > Preferences > Topic Options). You can also add Topic name to Task and Appointment views so that you can sort these items by Topic. See our user guide for more detail.

Thanks for the feedback.
Scott - CC Support

Re: A few suggestions

Postby Scott - CC Support » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:02 am

Sorry for my confusion last night:

I see the behavior you are talking about, though to do date no one has reported it. We have added it to the issues to list to take a look at for a future release. Thanks for the feedback.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support