The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Contact analysis not outpout

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Contact analysis not outpout

Postby manu.ceulemans@skynet.be » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:28 am

When running the contact analysis ( Options) I got the analysis going accross all the folders and complete but the list of priritized contacts is left empty !
manu.ceulemans@skynet.be

Postby brad » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:33 am

Two things:

1. In the email alias setup, do you see all of the email addresses that you use with your mail? ClearContext only analyzes messages sent to you when ranking contacts, and we only know who "you" are by looking at the email addresses we find in Outlook's setup and any aliases you enter. If the email addresses section of setup does not contain addresses you normally use for correspondence, you should add them as aliases to ensure that contact analysis finds your high priority contacts.

2. Are you leaving all of your email folders checked for analysis? Are all of your folders listed in this screen? Are your archive folders password protected or otherwise unavailable for ClearContext to access?

Thanks for trying us out - please let me know if this helps.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby manu.ceulemans@skynet.be » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:50 pm

Hello Brad,

1. In Identity the detected Email Address is empty, have entered my smtp e-mails int he Additional Email Aliases:
emmanuel.ceulemans@eurocontrol.int
cel@cfmu.eurocontrol.int
cel@eurocontrol.int

The Email alias box doesnt accept the e-mail addresses (X400,X500) listed in my outlook addresses properties, SMTP adresses are ok :
x400:c=BE;a=;p=EUROCONTROL;o=CFMUHRN;s=CEULEMANS;g=Emmanuel;
x400:c=US;a=;p=EUROCONTROL;o=CFMU;s=CEULEMANS;g=Emmanuel;
X500:/o=EUROCONTROL/ou=CFMUHRN/cn=Recipients/cn=cel
smtp:cel@cfmu.eurocontrol.int
smtp:cel@eurocontrol.int
smtp:emmanuel.ceulemans@eurocontrol.int

2. Yes all e-mail folders are checked, I use a PST file to store my incoming mail and my folders. Yes the folders are listed, the ones pointing to my PST file and the ones pointing to the exchange server. There is no password protected folders.

Using the Identity set up described above and in Analyse contacts checking all the folders belonging to my PST file I got only 2 addresses in review contact :
/o=eurocontrol/ou=cfmu/cn=recipients/cn=cel Emmanuel Ceulemans
/o=eurocontrol/ou=hq/cn=special/cn=mis.servicedesk ServiceDesk Mis
manu.ceulemans@skynet.be

Postby brad » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:09 am

Manu:

Thanks for the detail. You have come across an issue that we have been unable to reproduce and resolve here. A few customers have reported that ClearContext is not detecting their Exchange address correctly. We have tried a couple of workarounds, but have yet to find the right solution.

In the near term, I can send you a registry entry that will insert your exchange email address into the system correctly. I will send via email shortly. Please let me know if this resolves the problem.

Thanks for your patience as we work through this.
Brad Meador
brad

Clearcontext installed without administrators rights

Postby manu.ceulemans@skynet.be » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:39 pm

Clearcontext was installed from a users which has no admin right on the local system.
Could this be the cause of the non discovery of the "Detected e-mail address" ?
manu.ceulemans@skynet.be

Postby brad » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:52 am

Menu:

I sent a workaround to the email address that you used to register on this forum. Did you receive it?

Thanks for the additional information. I am continuing to investigate.
Brad Meador
brad

Re: Contact analysis not outpout

Postby quochbt » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:54 pm

Hi Brad,
I have the same issue with Contact Analysis. And though I tried following the know-issues instruction to download address book, specify my email aliases, org domains it still doesn't work.
Coud you help send me the workaround?
Thanks.

Quoc
-----------------------------
Clearcontext Personal 4.6.4
WinXP
Outlook 2007
Cached Exchange Mode
quochbt

Postby Scott - CC Support » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:38 pm

Please go to ClearContext > About > Email Support, send us the data in that email along with screen prints of:
  1. ClearContext > Options > Identity
  2. Double-click your name in the header of an email and click the email tab

Thanks.
Scott - CC Support

Postby quochbt » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:37 pm

Hi Scott,
Done. Kindly help check.

Thanks
Quoc
quochbt

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support