The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Outlook AddIn is Not Loading

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Outlook AddIn is Not Loading

Postby Jassim » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:49 pm

Hi,

I am developing an Outlook Add In using C#.Net 3.5. It was smoothly running in my machine and I was debugging the application too. Yestreday, when I was trying to put the break point inside a method in the Connect class, the break point was showing error such as "build version is different from.......". So I build the set up again and installed the set up. Since then, our Add In tool bar is not loading in the Outlook.....!!!! I don't know what is the problem ? It was running and debugging very smoothly, but suddenly how it changed ?????

I am using Outllok 2007 and I have installed PIA 2007 and 2003 and VSTO for 3.0 runtime.
When I debbugged, I found out that, in side the OnConnection method, it is not entering in to the OnStartupComplete method.

public void OnConnection(object application, Extensibility.ext_ConnectMode connectMode, object addInInst, ref System.Array custom)
{
try
{
applicationObject = (Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Application)application;
MyApp.AppObject = applicationObject;
addInInstance = addInInst;
_outlookApplication = application as _Application;
outLookNS = _outlookApplication.GetNamespace("MAPI");

if (connectMode != Extensibility.ext_ConnectMode.ext_cm_Startup) // skips here
{
OnStartupComplete(ref custom); // Compiler is not reading this part.
}
}
catch (System.Exception ex)
{
MessageBox.Show(ex.Message);
}
}

And I am not getting any error as well. The Load Behaviour is 3 in the registry.

Today morning I unstalled VS 2008 and reinstalled it, PIA 2007, 2003 and VSTOR 3.0.
Still it is not loading. In the Trust Center the Add In is still Active.

So I placed the OnStartupComplete above the if condition (and commented the if block) and run the application. It is working fine and the Add In tool bar is loaded.

Again I debugged the OnConnection method.....and I have found out that the method OnStartupComplete is executing 2 times......

What is the problem with Extensibility.ext_ConnectMode.ext_cm_Startup ???

Please help me. How can I solve this ?

Thanks in advance..............
Jassim

Re: Outlook AddIn is Not Loading

Postby Scott - CC Support » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:09 am

Jassim:

These forums are for the support of ClearContext. It doesn't appear that your question pertains to our product? I suggest you try this Yahoo group instead.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support