The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Why aren't some items file-able by CC?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Why aren't some items file-able by CC?

Postby stoliosoda » Mon May 04, 2009 8:31 am

Hi there guys. So I have a question for you:

We are starting to really use SharePoint in earnest around here, and one thing that I often do is subscribe to a document or site within a SP site to be notified when things are updated. These messages come in to Outlook as something that's not exactly an email or calendar invite - and when I select the message in the inbox, all of the CC functions on the toolbar grey out.

The icon associated with these icons looks like an email envelope with a thumbtack on top of it. I'd post a pic of it but it's not especially easy on this forum tool...hope you know what I'm talking about.

In the past I've seen similar behavior on other messages - for example I had a client that always sent their messages with some sort of encryption - there was some sort of certificate type icon in there - same behavior; no CC functions available.

Is this something that you're aware of and/or is configurable? From CC's perspective can these be set up to behave like regular email messages?

Thanks!

Seth

P.S.: Life after the outlook Feb. update is like being re-born....if you're not using this you're nuts! :-)
Last edited by stoliosoda on Mon May 04, 2009 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
stoliosoda

Re: Why aren't some items file-able by CC?

Postby Scott - CC Support » Mon May 04, 2009 9:03 am

For stability reasons, ClearContext defines valid message classes for processing. Some of the items you describe have different message classes then the ones we have allowed and tested against. We have added many of these to our list to take a look at for a future release. Unfortunately, were we to open this up to all message classes without testing you are likely to encounter instability in the application.
Scott - CC Support

Postby stoliosoda » Mon May 04, 2009 9:40 am

I suppose that makes sense...do you have a prioritized list of the additional message classes you plan to support? I think it would be great to put this out to the user community as a survey - I am betting I'm not the only one interested in this.

Thanks!

Seth
stoliosoda

Postby carl » Mon May 04, 2009 10:28 am

Even if they aren't fully supported by ClearContext, it would be great to at least use ClearContext to move/file these items to a topic folder.

Some of the classes I would like to see supported:
Meeting Responses
carl

Postby Scott - CC Support » Mon May 04, 2009 11:10 am

Thanks for the list and feedback.

Even if they aren't fully supported by ClearContext, it would be great to at least use ClearContext to move/file these items to a topic folder.

Unfortunately, it's not as easy as you make it sound.

Thanks again.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support