The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Old Topics being assigned. Cannot file in new folders

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Old Topics being assigned. Cannot file in new folders

Postby mark_anderson_us » Thu May 21, 2009 4:34 am

Hi Guys

My offline folder recently hit the 2GB limit, so I had create a second one and define as a secondary message store in CC.

I moved a bunch of folders to the new offline folder, but the auto assign is still showing the folders from the old message store even though I deleted the folders (it's also recreating them). Also, when I go to a message in the old folder (that cc created), select the new topic (I know it's the new one, as the topics from the new message store are listed under the topics from message store 1) and click file, it doesn't move it.

Another thing, I moved a bunch of messages to a folder called "OldInbox" and now have the topic "OldInbox" assigned. Is there a way to clear the topic, without assigning a new one?

Regards

mark
mark_anderson_us

Re: Old Topics being assigned. Cannot file in new folders

Postby Administrator » Tue May 26, 2009 1:29 pm

Mark:

I apologize for the slow response.

I moved a bunch of folders to the new offline folder, but the auto assign is still showing the folders from the old message store even though I deleted the folders (it's also recreating them).

Moving folders doesn't change AutoAssign rules. To change the folders that AutoAssign points to, go to ClearContext > Rules & Alerts > AutoAssign Management and adjust your rules to point to the new folder.

Also, when I go to a message in the old folder (that cc created), select the new topic (I know it's the new one, as the topics from the new message store are listed under the topics from message store 1) and click file, it doesn't move it.

ClearContext functions are only expected to work within ClearContext Topic folders. If the old folder is no longer a Topic, I don't expect the file button to take effect.

Another thing, I moved a bunch of messages to a folder called "OldInbox" and now have the topic "OldInbox" assigned. Is there a way to clear the topic, without assigning a new one?

ClearContext monitors Topic folders and assigns the associated Topic to messages when they appear there. Turn this functionality off by going to ClearContext > Options > Preferences > Topic Assignment.
Administrator
Site Admin

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support