The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Auto Archive Default Folder Settings

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Auto Archive Default Folder Settings

Postby lauderj » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:29 am

I have outlook setup to auto archive daily anything that is over 15 days old from my Inbox to the archive data file. This includes all of the folders located under the ClearContext Topics folder.

The problem I am experiencing is that when a new topic folder is created (by assigning a topic to a message), the topic folder defaults to "Do Not Archive" even though I have the parent "ClearContext Topics folder set to "Archive items in this folder using the default settings" option.

Is there anyway to set the behavior of newly created topic sub-folders to take on the archive properties of the "ClearContext Topics" folder. I want all of my topics folders to be set to archive automatically without having to set the setting manually everytime a new topic folder is created.

Thank you much and love this product. It's a great tool to manage the Inbox!

Jerry Lauderbaugh
lauderj

Postby brad » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:34 am

Jerry:

We use native Outlook commands to create folders. It should behave exactly the same as adding a folder manually. I just tested it here, and it looks like even in native Outlook sub-folders don't inherit the archive settings of their parent. Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to change this behavior.

We appreciate the feedback on the product - it's always great to hear that it's working out for you. Please let me know if I can provide further assistance.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby lauderj » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:43 am

Thank you brad for that quick reply. I'll do some research on this subject in Outlook help but make sense what you indicated. I would think Microsoft would have a setting to control this default behavior so we'll see.

Thanks again!
lauderj

Re: Auto Archive Default Folder Settings

Postby Innovation007 » Thu May 28, 2009 8:22 am

I noticed that his reply was from 2006. Is there a solution in 2009?
Thanks!
G
Innovation007

Re: Auto Archive Default Folder Settings

Postby Scott - CC Support » Thu May 28, 2009 9:08 am

This is an Outlook limitation, not a ClearContext limitation. I do not know when\if the Outlook team plans to change sub-folder functionality to inherit autoarchive settings from the parent.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support