The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Before I begin using your product....

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Before I begin using your product....

Postby dgorecki » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:00 pm

Thank God I found this add-in! I've been trying the GTD Add-in, Taskline, etc. , and really believe this is the one for me.

I've read some reviews of V2 of the product, and this is the one I need.

Before I download the BETA, a couple of questions...

1. How stable is this Beta? I will be using it with my live data, so losing things is not an option. Missing functionality is OK.

2. Anything I need to know as a Blackberry user? I've seen posts about conflict issues, and was wondering if they still exist.

Thanks in advance for your help. Looking forward to using something that is actually useful!

Cheers
dgorecki

I'm glad you found us, too!

Postby brad » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:10 pm

The beta is stable. We have had no reports of corrupted data of any type, so no worries there. You will see more error pop-ups - all harmless - in Beta 2, but these are more annoying than issues and will all be eliminated in the next release.

As for Blackberry, there is the potential for message conflicts when using the products together, but nothing that should hurt your data. We have some tweaks we can make to work around these conflicts, so once you try us out, send me an email and I'll help you get set up optimally for your environment.

Thanks for checking us out - I'm anxious to hear what you think!
Brad Meador
brad

Postby dgorecki » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:21 pm

Thanks Brad. Will do.
dgorecki

Postby dgorecki » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:42 pm

SO I have installed the add-in. Two Issues:

1. I can't seem to find a way to switch the Clear Context files to another PST file. I'm able to switch to another folder within my main PST file, but no luck to any other place.

2. Outlook is now either unbearingly slow, or locking up. So far I've had Outlook lock up every time I've tried to open a message. I'm going to try to reboot again to see if that frees something up.

Any thoughts on number 1?

Thanks
dgorecki

Postby brad » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:54 pm

1. You can change the PST location for ClearContext Topic Folders via the configuration window: ClearContext > Options > Configuration. Change the value for the Message Store for ClearContext Topics. All of the PST files you have added to your current profile should be available here. For more detail, see our user guide:

http://www.clearcontext.com/using_Clear ... tml#topics

2. Did a reboot help? What environment are you running? Windows Version? Outlook? Exchange or Pop? Online or Offline? Other Add-ins? Answers may point me to the source of the problem.

Thanks.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby dgorecki » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:25 am

Should have dug around before posting...

1. I did find the place to change the message store file. Since I wasn't able to change it during the install I just assumed that I couldn't change it at all.

2. The reboot helped. Running nice and smooth now.

So far, I love this product. As I use it more, I'll give my feedback in the Beta forum.

Thanks Brad!
dgorecki

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support