The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Feature Request: Create Appointment from Task

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Feature Request: Create Appointment from Task

Postby pgunni » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:20 pm

When I get into work in the mornining I review my tasks in conjunction with my calendar to determine when I can spend time. I use the To-Do Bar in Outlook 2007 to drag and drop the task into my calendar. This helps me to ensure that my time is spent on working on specific tasks. See attachment
To-Do Bar and Outlook 2007 Calendar.jpg
Outlook 2007 To-Dar Bar with Calendar
To-Do Bar and Outlook 2007 Calendar.jpg (147.11 KiB) Viewed 2437 times

Ideally I would love this functionality to be part of ClearContext. This could be implemented perhaps as allowing drag and drop from the ActionView screen to Outlook calendar or via a more integrated Calendar/To Do Bar view.
ActionCalendarView.jpg
Action Calendar View
ActionCalendarView.jpg (209.88 KiB) Viewed 2437 times

Even better if the dashboard became the central place to review calendar (my availability), review tasks and actions and then plan the day by creating a closed list of tasks I think I can achieve and which are actually scheduled into my calendar.

It would be good that when the appointment is generated from the task, the task is attached or somehow linked to the appointment.

I know Taskline does this sort of thing but it is bit overkill for me.

Appreciate any comments.
pgunni

Re: Feature Request: Create Appointment from Task

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:35 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. We have added it to our list for future consideration.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support