The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Sharepoint integration

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Sharepoint integration

Postby TreyNeal » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:07 pm

Do you plan to add more integration with SharePoint in future releases? I'm researching Outlook plugins to help manage retention requirements for users and we are trying to avoid the continued use of PSTs and are looking to connect to our SharePoint platform to achieve that goal. I've seen other tools that essentially bring SharePoint "into" Outlook where users can create new SharePoint folders directly from the add-in without first having to create the folder(s) in SharePoint. I want to be able to minimize the amount of technical know-how required to accomplish that and give the user maximum flexibility to manage their secondary storage needs.

For the record, I have been trialling ClearContext and really like the functionality it provides but I am looking for it to help solve a more enterprise wide need.
TreyNeal

Re: Sharepoint integration

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:01 pm

We do plan to enhance SharePoint integration in a future release. I don't have an estimate for implementation at this time. In the near term, the product does allow easy filing to SharePoint discussion groups that have been added to Outlook. For more detail see our user guide.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support