The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

3 usability suggestions

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

3 usability suggestions

Postby jasperm » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:59 am

Hi - I've been using Clear Context for a while now, and generally I'm quite pleased with it. However, I have 3 comments on changes that would make the software more usable.
1) Currently, you can configure the toolbar for the inbox view, but not for open messages. I'd like to be able to add commands to that toolbar, too.
2) Currently, in dashboards, the contact list is built only from emails, NOT from meeting attendees, even though the meetings are assigned to the topic. This seems really really strange. And to make it worse, you cannot manually add contacts to the dashboard/topic. Right now, I have to send someone an email to get them into the contact list. This is weird.
3) This one is more of a feature request than a refinement of current features: I used to use the GTD outlook addin and have stopped, but the one thing I REALLY REALLY miss is the way delegation worked. In GTD, when I delegated something to someone, it automatically created a waiting for task with the person and date in the subject line, making it easy to sort my task view to see everything I was waiting for from a particular person. In CC, doing something similar requires a lot of manual entry (change status to waiting for, add name and date to subject). Would be great if you could incorporate something similar to the GTD approach. It's about the only thing I think GTD does better than CC.
jasperm

Re: 3 usability suggestions

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:05 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. All of these are already on our features list for future consideration.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support