The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

multilpe exchange accounts

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

multilpe exchange accounts

Postby sachakun » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:42 am

Hello
I have a personal exchange mailbox, but company policy limits its size. Therefore I have an additional unpersonal oder impersonal account where I store most of my emails.
ClearContext has not accessed that account. Therefore most of the functions are useless to me.

I only seem to be able to access .pst files.

Any solutions?
Regards
Sacha
sachakun

Re: multilpe exchange accounts

Postby Scott - CC Support » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:57 am

ClearContext v4 actively processes the primary, default mail account. Open your account settings, set your Personal mail account to default and restart. If you would like more detailed instructions, let us know what version of outlook you are using.

ClearContext v5 will better handle multiple mail files.
Scott - CC Support

Postby sachakun » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:42 pm

I cannot do this, because
1. It's against company policy. And therefore not doable.
2. The 2nd mailbox is not connected with my Name. I still receive all my emails on the first account. The second mailbox is used primarily to store received and sent emails.

It seems that I have to wait for version 5.
Thanks
Sacha
sachakun

Postby sorton@kelcom.com » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:25 am

I have the same issue, I use a local Exchange Mail box for my mail with a very small set emial limit but have to to use it for corprate reasons. I back all my mail up to a seprate PST file, it would be nice to have access to both with ClearContext.
sorton@kelcom.com

Postby Scott - CC Support » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:09 am

Sorton:

If I understand you correctly, your problem is not the same as the one above. See this post on setting up ClearContext to avoid exceeding your Exchange mail file size limit.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support