The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Move MSexch. Sent items to offline folder changes all topics

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Move MSexch. Sent items to offline folder changes all topics

Postby viking09 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:08 pm

When my network admin complains I clog up his disks with my sent folder, I drag and drop all emails in my MS Exchange Sent folder to an offline Sent folder, All emails that are tagged with relevant topics have their topics changed to the offline folder name.

I would appreciate if you could help me with this. I operate by being able to review the Sent box to see when I sent what to whom, so sorting the Sent emails into their respective topic folders doesn't work for me.

Appreciate your help. Regards, Carl
viking09

Re: Move MSexch. Sent items to offline folder changes all topics

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:52 am

Go to ClearContext > Options > Preferences > Topic Assignment and click Do Not Assign Project under "When I move a message to a Topic folder:" to stop CC from re-assigning Topics when you drag into other folders.
ClearContext Support

Re: Move MSexch. Sent items to offline folder changes all topics

Postby viking09 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:20 pm

ClearContext Support wrote:Go to ClearContext > Options > Preferences > Topic Assignment and click Do Not Assign Project under "When I move a message to a Topic folder:" to stop CC from re-assigning Topics when you drag into other folders.

That helped. Thanks!
viking09

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support